Usually, watch updates are installed overnight while your watch is charging.
To make sure your device gets its updates, keep your watch powered on and connected to Wi-Fi.
Sometimes, you may need to update your watch through the Play Store.
System updates are automatic. However, if a Wear OS by Google update doesn't install on its own, you may need to download it yourself.
To see if there's an update ready, follow these steps:
- If you can't see your screen, wake up the watch.
- Press the Power button to open your list of apps
- Tap Settings, select System, and click on About.
- Scroll down and tap System Updates.
If an update is available, your watch will download it. If not, you will see that your watch is up-to-date.
To manage your watch's automatic updates, follow these steps:
- Make sure your watch is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Google Play Store on your watch.
- From the top of your screen, swipe down and tap Settings.
- Turn "Auto-update apps" on or off.
To keep your apps up-to-date, stay signed in to your Google account and keep your watch on while charging it.