A trusted device is any Bluetooth-enabled gadget that is empowered to unlock the smartphone or tablet paired with it. This is possible through the smart-lock technology peculiar to android devices. The trusted device will keep the phone unlocked as long as they remain connected and within a close distance (about 100m).
In this case, the Moto 360 smartwatch will unlock the paired phone (if it is set as a trusted device). And once it goes out of range, the smartphone or tablet locks again.
When pairing the watch with a phone for the first time, you may choose to select your Moto 360 as a trusted device. Or you could set it manually on the smartphone. To do that, follow the procedure below.
- From the application menu page, select the Settings icon.
- Tap Security > Smart Lock
- Input the pin, password, pattern, etc. and any other security required demand.
- Choose the "Trusted Device" option.
- Select, "Add Trusted Device." Follow the process through to the end.
Corporate security policies installed on your phone may prevent you from using this feature.
For example: If you have a work email registered on your phone, Google may revoke you from accessing this service depending on your organization's policy.