The Moto 360 (Gen 3) uses wrist gestures to quickly navigate through notifications without touching the screen. The features work through a motion sensor contained in the watch.
Activating or Deactivating the Wrist Gesture
To turn On/Off hands-free scrolling for watch notifications, simply do the following:
- Swipe down on the watch face
- Tap the Settings Icon > Gestures > Wrist Gestures.
- Select ON or OFF depending on your preference.
Tap on "Launch Tutorial" to get more information about hand gestures.
This feature consumes much power and it may cause the watch's battery to drain out slightly faster.
How to Use the Wrist Gestures?
The wrist gestures help users to navigate to the notification page, scroll through the messages and open them. The content below gives directions on how to use the features.
Waking Up the Screen
- Wake up the screen by tilting the watch face towards you.
Opening the Notification Page
- Flick your wrist outwards and then, slowly turn it back towards you.
Scrolling through Notifications
- To see the next message, flick your wrist quickly away from you and then, turn it back slowly towards yourself.
- To scroll back upwards: Slowly turn your wrist towards yourself and then, flick it away quickly.
There are several other interesting shortcuts. To learn more about that, visit the Wear OS by Google support page.